Do you want to have a good looking website?
Of course you do! Don’t we all? One of the keys of having a great looking website is the pictures and graphics you use! But where do you get great photos or animations for your website?
First off, here are some things that you don't want to do:
- Don't copy photos or graphics off of someone elses website without their permission.
- Don't copy any text off of another website without permission.
- Don't upload photo's straight out of a digital camera. Most of the time they are quite large and will take a long time for people to download on your website.
- Be careful of what sites you link to. They will change their information and you might be caught by surprise!
Second, lets look at ways to get great photos and graphics for your website:
- Set up a time to have people from your church take pictures with you. By taking the photo yourself or finding someone you know to take the picture for you, you can get great photos that you won’t have to pay for! They will also be great advertisement for your ministry because those in the photos will be from your church.
- Second, there are quite a few stock photography websites out there that are very low cost. There are different ways to buy stock photos or graphics. You can buy one at a time, buy a subscription, or buy a CD. (Please make sure you follow all the rules and regulations according to the agreements from each different site.)
Here are a few of the more popular ones:
Once you get the image you are looking for, don’t forget to edit it so you can optimize it for your website! That is another issue for another article though! If you have any questions or would like to talk to someone further about website graphics, please email us at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: we are not a legal resource in any way. If there are any specific questions or situations you run into about copyrights or model releases, please consult an attorney who is knowledgeable with copyright laws!